Paragraph is a group of sentence expressing one complete idea/topic.
A good paragraph should be containing of:
1) Topic sentence/Introductory Sentence
- Dealing with one topic and statement/controlling about the topic
Ex: My father is a very efficient businessman.
- Should be general statement
- Should be able to be developed/explained/discussed.
Ex: I was sick last week or My sickness destroyed my activities.
2) Supporting sentence/details
- Very details concerning
- The topic discussed
- Can be explanation, definition, examples, analogy, etc.
3) Concluding Sentences
- Restatement of the topic sentences
- Conclusion of the supporting sentences
- Opinion/impression of the writer toward topic sentence
- As a link to the next paragraph.
- Numeration = Firstly, secondly,… finally
- Addition = and, also, in addition
- Contradiction = the contrast, conversely, but, however
- Reason = because, since, as
- Comparison = similarly, like
5) Punctuator = colon, semi colon, etc..